Saturday, August 4, 2007

New Layout and Cool Project

So it's been a while since I posted anything new layout wise on here. I've been pretty busy in my scraproom since the surgery (you know time sitting around to fill) but I didn't take the time to scan anything in. So, here is one of the new ones. I have several more that I can post after they go up on 2 Sassy Scrapper's DT link on their store tomorrow.


I have a ton more to show you once I get them all scanned in! Oh how I never seem to have enough time! Here is an altered coin envelope album that I made for ebay. You can see all the pictures of it by clicking on "My Ebay Lisitngs" Link to your right --------> I hope to have a few more of these in different themes later this week.


For all you mommies to preschoolers, here's a cool idea my mom found in a magazine. By making this chart for the fridge, it helps little ones who can't get the concept of days of the week down yet, understand how many days til whatever. For example, I made this one and put a small church on the Sunday square. This helps Maddelyn understand a concrete thing each week that we always do. She then has something to base the rest of the days off of. Then, I can say we are going to such-n-such on Friday which is the Blue day. Buy using both the day name and the color she can realize how many days she will have to wait. The "s" is used to mark the current day. We used a regular calendar to mark off how long until Caroline came, but that didn't really mean anything to a 4 year old who doesn't understand how days, weeks, and months go. She really has seemed to like this one alot. It's just 7 pieces of cardstock taped to my fridge, but it's helped Maddelyn wait more patiently for upcoming events now that she knows how many days she'll have to wait.

No comments: