Friday, December 28, 2007

Woo-hoo! Date Night!!!

I finally took a few minutes to sit down and load some pictures for you guys to see. The girls are all in Willard at my in-laws tonight.....yes even the baby! It's Caroline's first night away (wipping tears) but being almost a year, it's time. The other two started staying away much younger? Anyways with them gone I am busy trying to clean up from the torando called Chirstmas. Yep...still unwrapping toys from pacakges and the normal cleaning plus laundry. I was saying today how Mom's don't get to take a holiday. If we do take a day or two off then we regret it when we realize how much house work and such we have to do to catch ourselves back up from the time off! So that's my evening tonight.

I also am getting ready for tomorrow (the reason the girls are gone for 2 nights.) Nathan and I are going to see White Chirstmas at the Carousel Dinner Theater! http://www.carouseldinnertheatre.com/ YEAH! I LOVE White Christmas and this theater is awesome. We went a couple of years ago to see 7 Brides for 7 Brothers (my all time favorite) and it was WONDERFUL! I'm really excited about tomorrow! Then we used those wonderful Hilton Honors Points to be able to stay in Akron for the night. We're going to try and see National Treasure 2 tomorrow night as well. We'll see though but no matter what it will be nice to have a date night with hubby!

Here are a few of Caroline's 11 month pictures. Isn't she a peanut! I think now she's about 18 1/2 pounds! Funny that she's only gained 9lbs in the past year???





Here are a few pictures of the grandkids making Christmas cookies at greats house. I think I uploaded them backwards so you see Caroline getting her first taste of cookies then decorating them, and last cutting them out. Opps!



Well everyone here are my next Thankful 5...........
1. I am thankful for time away tomorrow night with Nathan. With him working so much, it's been a while since we could have time without the kids.
2. I am thankful for family who is willing to take all 3 girls at one time. MUCH cheaper than a sitter over night! Getting away without kids is hard enough, before having to budget sitting fees into a date night.
3. I am thankful for how well my bows have been doing! It's a nice stay at home job for me and is not that hard to do. Time consuming yes...but not hard!
4. I am thankful that it is only 3 more days until my parents' annual New Years Eve Party which means....saurerkraut balls! Oh the joy of yummy foods!
5. I am thankful for the fact that God still moves in the times when you don't feel Him moving!
"Fear not, I am with you; be not dismayed; I am your God. I will strengthen you, and help you, and uphold you with my right hand of justice." Isaiah 41:10

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mandie:
I love looking and reading your blog- Please email us the saurekraut balls recipe- I never heard of such- but we love Rueben. Joye