Tuesday, May 6, 2008

The Killer Touch for Small Appliances!

Okay..that's it! I am done with small household appliances! Last week I was warming up the girl's lunch when I took one item out of the microwave and put another item in . Well when I went to start the second item it just died. So we've been without a microwave all weekend. So today Nathan brought one home from Walmart and I was like great....I can fix popcorn. I started it like normal and everything was fine until I cooked it too long and had burnt popcorn (normal for me). So I decide to pop another bag instead of picking through that one and don't you know it...the new microwave won't even turn on! UHHHH! I think I have the killer touch for small appliances right now. Or, they really just don't like me. So tomorrow we'll try microwave #3!

We spent yesterday going through a few open houses. It was kinda disappointing, not at all that we thought we'd find "the house" on our first day out. But, as Nathan said ..... if I'm going to pay that much for a house I don't want to have to do that much work on it. Each house was lovely but both needed some serious updating to get rid of outdated paint. light fixtures, cabinets, etc. It was just frustrating to pay that amount and get something that yes had the Sq footage but still needed bought out of the 70's-80's. I mean pink bathroom??? Yes the girls might love it but it kinda would get old as soon as they realized how "un-cool" it really was! So more on the house search as we keep our eye out.

I need to head off of here. My friend Sarah is coming over in the morning to work on my website with me! Woo-hoo! It's pretty much getting to the point of where she is just waiting on me for all the final little details to get the site up and running. So very exciting. Of course I'll post on here when it's open!

No comments: