Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Our Weekend in a Nutshell

I am just now realizing that it's Tuesday night and I haven't blogged since Friday? I mean yeah we're always busy but nothing that major happened to make me miss blogging that long? So here is a re-cap of our weekend.

Friday - Nathan had to work so, so the girls and I went to a friend of mine's daughter's 3rd birthday party. The kids had so much fun playing together and of course it was nice to have adult conversation between the parents. For a craft project the kids all painted their own mini terra cotta pots and planted flowers in them. How cute!

Saturday - Nathan again had to work a long shift that day so I called a sitter so I could go grocery shopping. I know sad, but when you do twice a month shopping, it usually takes at least 2 hours. So paying a sitter for a few hours to shop in peace is totally worth every penny! It was so funny shopping because I think I picked up just about everything that was now okay because I am braces free! LOL! I got apples, taffy, lemon heads, roasted peanuts, and tea to make sun tea. I guess it was my own little braces-free-party! LOL!

Sunday - After Church we went to lunch at Panera Bread with my parents, aunt, and cousin. It was delicious but lest just say that Panera B-R-E-A-D is not the best place to fine something for a baby who has to have wheat-free food! LOL! Afterwards we went to my little cousin Leah's 7th birthday party. This is my little cousin that my aunt and uncle brought home from China just about a year and a half ago.

Monday - I spent the day getting a large order out for one of my wholesalers and then fixed green beans with salt pork for dinner. It's almost a sign of the season's changing when we have our first green beans of the year! After the stores start stocking them again (beyond the like $2.50 a pound skimpy looking winter ones) we have a dinner of green beans, sliced tomatoes and cucumbers, and sweet tea dinner. My girls got a kick out of snapping beans. They both said they were for sure they had never snapped beans or eaten them before? Uh...we've had these every Summer since you were both babies?

We also decided this weekend that Caroline and I are going to be flying to NJ to visit my very best friend Alicia, her baby Emma-Lee, and her parents Bruce and Joye! YEAH!!!! We are so excited! We haven't seen Alicia and Emma-Lee since last Summer when they came here to visit. We have already planned a week of catching up, and lots of late nights scrapbooking and laughing over old college stories. Hey Alicia.....remember that night with the dyed shampoo in Christmas colors! Oh how insane we were back then! LOL! So Caroline and I will be flying out on Monday and returning on Friday just in time for my grandparents' 60th wedding anniversary party on Saturday. Nathan has the week off of work next week so he will be staying with Maddelyn and Emma doing the Daddy-girls week. So for all of my blogger friends out there please say a prayer for both the girls AND Nathan's sake next week! They both can use it! Just kidding, I know he'll do a wonderful job running the house.

Thursday we go to my first OB appointment! YEAH! It will be the first time seeing Martin baby #4 on our ultrasound. they do a early ultrasound just to make sure that we have the right due date based off of the baby's measurements.

Friday we go back to Columbus Children's Hospital to see Emma's dermatologist.

A quick question...you know one of those odd questions from one mom to another...are glow bracelets ( the kind where when you bend them they clow in the dark, usually seen at like fireworks shows and such) anyways are they toxic and do they stain???? Yeah you can only guess why I am asking and which child it was? Yep.....Emma bit threw one and now there is a nice green glow on my carpet? I am hoping that in the morning when the alien glow has disappeared, that the stain will come up with carpet cleaner. The things that you never knew you would have to know BEFORE you had kids! See Alicia NOTHING your child could ever do would make me think she was a bad child. I've pretty much seen everything or...with Emma will be seeing it in the near future! Hey, at least tonight the girls won't need a night light! Oh My!!!

Alright I need to head off of here and get some laundry put away before bedtime.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! Umm...why did she feel the need to bite it? I know, silly question!! (Maybe you should feed her more often) hehehe
And yes, I remember colored shampoo...I think we should wait to discuss it further in person- you know, once something is online it is always online .............

4ddintx said...

Mandi, I've been meaning to ask you how the wheat-free is going with Caroline. Email me with an update!

I'm glad that you've got a trip in the works. Sounds like fun!