Saturday, May 3, 2008

I'm still here!

Okay, I know it's been a while. From my frequent blog checkers I have heard that you're checking everyday and I'm not updating! Sorry but life was busy as always this week. Nothing really big happened we just had a busy day and I just kept putting off updating my blog. So lets see....what all happened this week that anyone might actually care about?? LOL!

The girls and I have been fighting our lovely allergies all week long and Miss Caroline is cutting 8, yes... E-I-G-H-T teeth at once! Ouch! She is getting her back two teeth on both sides of the top and bottom! Poor little thing! Besides a mild runny nose and a low fever one night I haven't heard much out of her. Now the night with the fever she was up a lot (hence we didn't make it to MOPS that next day.)

Thursday I went to the Orthodontist for my last check! I had a bracket that he had worked on the last time I was there and I just needed him to look at it again. Anyways he said 2 weeks and they come off! YEAH! I do know though that I will have a "tooth positioner" retainer? I am thinking it might be something kinda like invisaline braces??? I'm just guessing though.

Thursday we also went to have dinner with my mom and we told Emma to hurry up and eat because we were going to go to the fire station to see Grandpa at work. She then says with total seriousness....does he have a baby in his belly too? Oh my goodness! We laughed so hard! Emma it's not nice to tease Grandpa!

We then spent Friday night chaperoning a youth event that our church went to. For all of those familiar with the Church of God, we went to Teen Talent. Anyways it's basically a talent show for the teens of our denomination to compete with outer teens from the rest of the state. So while my parents sat with our kids, we "sat" with some other people's big kids. I told a friend...why is it that all youth events involve almost no sleep(running on 2 hours today) and it's always VERY loud there??? Oh my I'm getting way too old for this!

When we showed up at my parent's house to pick up the girls today, Emma's first words out of her mouth after seeing me were "Why didn't the baby come out yet?" Oh if time would only fly that fast! Poor little thing will just bust if she keeps asking me that every day all the way through December! Well, I guess when you have only lived 3 1/2 years, 9 months is a lifetime!

Tonight we watched a great movie, "The Last Sin Eater" It was a definite must see. I had heard the book was wonderful and seeing how I am a tad bit busy in my life now...haha...I honestly don't find the time to read all that much. Well at least books WITHOUT pictures or that don't rhyme. So when I saw this movie on Netflix I new I had to put it in my que. So if your looking for a great rental about Appalachia folklore and with a Christian theme....it's a must see! Or...if you have more time than me...haha...read the book!

Okay, I need to head out and get to bed. I think those 2 hours of sleep from last night wore off about 8 hours ago!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mandi!

Remember me? I won the bows from you back some time last year. Anyway, I still check your blog, and I wanted to comment today to say three things:

1. I LOVE Francine Rivers and The Last Sin Eater! Both the book and movie are great, but I'm partial to the book. : ) If you ever find time to read again, be sure to check out all her stuff.

2. I was raised Church of God!!!! I didn't know you were Church of God, too. We know go to an Assembly of God church, but I know all about Teen Talent, camp meeting, General Assembly, etc. Small world, huh?


3. Congratulations on your pregnancy! How exciting!

Have a great day!

Amy