Monday, December 11, 2006

A Busy Weekend

We had a FULL weekend this past weekend! Saturday was the day that I gave Nathan his early Chirstmas present. I had gotten us tickets to go and see the Glenn Beck Christmas program. For those of you not familiar with Glenn, he is a radio and TV political talk show host, very much the same as Sean Hannity or Rush. Glenn is definitely clear on his conservative political views, but he is hilarious to listen to as well. The show was great, but the funny thing was that it was all on the meaning of Chirstmas and not politically based! He pretty much gave his testimony about where he had come from and then talked about how the true meaning of Chirtmas was not even a baby in a manger but it was all about redemption on a cross! It was really awesome! It was neat to see a man so nationally known for his politial views and him still being so open and honest about his faith. Before I surprised Nathan with the show, we went and had dinner in Quaker Sqaure in Akron. It is where the old Quaker Oats factory was and now they have a huge hotel, restaurant, and shops all built out of the original factory and grain silos.










Sunday was busy with the Natioanl Guard Chirstmas party at Nathan's armory in Columbus. The girls were pretty excited about this since they knew Santa was supposed to stop by for a visit. Maddelyn has talked all week about what she was going to tell Santa she wanted! At one point this week.....after going through Walmart's toy aisle saying she wanted basically everything.....she told me that I would have to see Santa this weekend and not her because she would not be able to remember everything to tell him what she wanted! So cute! Both girls did great with Santa and Emma kept trying to sneak back up to him to see him while it was the other kids' turns.



We went to the OB for another appointment today and all is well. My midwife said that nothing has changed and even gave me permission to go to PA this week to visit the in-laws. I was definitely surprised at that! She just told me that it was ok since it is just 3 1/2 hours away and I needed to hightail it back here if anything were to start. She told me that Caroline has grown another centimeter since last week and that she sounded great! She was guessing that she is somewhere between 4 1/2 and 5 pounds now! She also told me that I get one more shot next week and then we just wait on Caroline! I will be 35 weeks by then and she said that 35-36 weeks was her goal. It's hard to believe that we are finally getting to the "OK" point of this pregnancy! I mean yes, I want her to hold out longer but for quite a while I never thought we would make it this far!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so totally in love with that gingerbread tree!

Anonymous said...

I sent it before I was done! That sounds like great news about Caroline!