Tuesday, December 5, 2006

WE HAVE A BABY NAME!!!!!!!

We finally did it!!!!! We picked a name for our baby girl! Our precious baby girl will be Caroline Fayth Martin! We always do a family name in the baby's name, so Fayth is after my Aunt Donna who is Donna Fay. So now, all that needs done before Miss Caroline arrives is we need to wash her carseat out and then we are ready. NOT that she needs to come anytime soon! 33 weeks is still kinda early!

Well I had not planned on there being such a delay since my last post. We woke up on Friday morning to find out that Nathan's Grandparents had received about 4-5 inches of water in their finished basement the night before! So Nathan, my mom , and I spent the day dry-vaccing thier basement carpet. While we were there Nathan's Great -grandma was taken to the ER with a sore leg. Ended up that Great, who turns 100 in January, had a broken femor. So this was the start to a crazy weekend.

Friday evening we had already made plans to help my mom put up her Chirstmas Tree. It is a Hartz tradition to put the tree up with all the grandkids as well as do a different themed tree each year. This year's theme was an all edible tree filled with candies, gingerbread, popcorn and cranberry strings, and a tree topper of a huge gingerbread boy. Well Emma had a blast with a sugar-filled tree! I told Nathan it was as good to Emma as if she had happened upon a REAL gingerbread house! She got the concept of hanging the candy ornaments on the tree, but she was doing more eating than hanging. She would put one on the tree...eat one.....put one on the tree.....eat two and so on. The after we started catching her with the candies almost in her mouth, she would hurry and lick it and then hang it on the tree! Just about everytime you looked at Emma, there she was munching away with the hook still hanging out of her mouth! The huge gingerbread baby was laying on the table waiting to go up on the tree top and Miss Emma found it! It was so hard to be stern and schold her when I found her...but looking at that perfectly shaped bite out of his foot was too funny! I have pictures to show you of it, but of course I forgot my camera!

Satuday morning we had pictures at 9 am with Nathan's parents and siblings. Then we came home and packed our bags for the family reunion in Indiana. We went up the night before to help split up the time in the car for me. All of the family stayed in the hotel that night and went swimming. The girls had a blast swimming with thier cousins from St. Louis. The next day was the Smith Family reunion as well as Great's 100th birthday party. Unfortunately because of her leg, Great was not able to make the reunion. We had a very nice power point of Great's life as well as a Christmas gift exchange and family pictures.

Nathan left today for his last trip before the baby arrives. He will only be in Iowa 2 days and while he is gone the girls and I are staying at my parents' house. My grandma was asked by my mom to "babysit" me while she works. Mom and Nathan agreed that I do not need to be left alone with the girls for very long since I am still on bed rest.

We went to the doctor's yesterday and everything is fine. They guessed that she is about 4 1/2 pounds now at 33 weeks. The midwife said her goal is 35-36 weeks for us. After that she will no longer be giving me the progesterone shots and they will just let the baby do what she thinks best. She said that generally babies of that gestation do fine. Yes Emma had problems, but my midwofe said even a full term baby can have some problems with thier lungs opening after birth.

I will try to remember to get my camera tomorrow and post some pictures of this weekend.

1 comment:

Penny said...

You've sure had a busy few days!

The name you chose is beautiful. Caroline is one of my favorite names.