Thursday, December 14, 2006

Christmas Alphabet

I decided to do the blogging challenge forn 2peas today so here is my Christmas alphabet:

A.....is for the Advent Calendar that we do with the girls each night when they get to eat their Christmas Count-Down candy.

B......is for the Book that the girls get to unwrap each night and have read to them before bed.

C....is for all the Cookies we bake at my grandma's house each year. I think there were about 18 dozen cutout cookes made, frosted, and decorated by the grandkids this year?

D....is for the Day after Thanksgiving Shopping that my mom and I do each year. This is generally the start of my Christmas shopping and a must to start the holiday season.

E....is for Eggnog, a favorite holiday drink in our house, but we are known for halfing it with milk.

F...is for the WONDERFUL Food that is made and eaten this time of year such as chex mix, rock candy, cheese ball and peanut brittle.

G....is for all the Gifts that are exchanged between our families as well as those I make each year.

H....is for the Happiness felt in our home as Christmas Day grows near.

I....is for the Icing that coats our sugar cookies. This is my grandma's own special recipie and can be beat by none!

J....is for Jolly Ole St. Nicolas that that Maddelyn is just starting to learn about this year. She is so excited to learn all about how he brings gifts to all the children and the entire ledgend of this wonderful man.

K....is for Kandy Canes...I know I had to snake that in there! I LOVE these sweet treats and the only holiday food that beats them out is a Cadbury Egg in the spring.

L...is for the Lights that Nathan put out thi year. Thi was our very fist year decorating the outside of the house and I have to say he did a very nice job!

M....is for Music that plays in our home all day. We start playing Chirstmas music even before Thanksgiving Day!

N....is for the Nativity and the true reson for Christmas. Our girls ahve two different Nativity sets that they love to play with, a precious moments one and of course the veggietails one.

O....is for the Ornaments on our tree that show events through out the years such as Nathan and I's first Chirstmas together and each of the girls' births.

P....is for Peanut Butter Fudge, my very favorite chirtmas goodie made by my mom this time of year!

Q....is for all the Questions Maddelyn has this year about how Christmas works and all the traditions that she is starting to notice. It is a wonderful thing to be able to pass these on to another generation.

R....is for Reading the Christmas story each year before opening gifts. We think it is important for our children to know just why we are celebrating and opening gifts from under the tree.

S....is for SNOW!!! The best thing about winter is the very first snow and how perfect it all is glistening clean and untouched!

T....is for the Christmas Tree at my parents' house that we decorate in a different theme each year. This year the entire tree was done in edible decorations. Let's just say Emma was in Heaven!

U....is for the Unusual places in our home that you will find the Christmas ornaments that Emma has taken off the tree to play with and then stashed to get back out later!

V....is for the many Very Special Traditons that our family has including the tree, making cookies, shopping and so much more.

W....is for White Chritsmas, my very favorite Christmas movie! I love watching this show all year long though!

X....is for the X-citement of girls as they come down the steps to open the gifts that Santa left the night before.

Y....is for Yuletide Carols that we sing all season long. The girls favorite is "jingle bells...hey! jingle bells...hey! "

Z....is for Zapped....who we all feel by the time the 26th arrives!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love your ABC's of Christmas! Very meaningful!! GREAT job!