Friday, April 11, 2008

Busy Week with a bit of a CRASH!

So as you can tell by my lack of post this week we've had a really bad week. It started last Sunday when Nathan left for DC for a Vet's for Freedom rally. It's always stressful when it's a just Mommy even if we're used to Daddy working double shifts, at least he comes home at night. So I decided to go to my parent's house in Willard for a few days until Nathan got home. After the person across the street had someone break in while they were in bed last week, I was kinda leery about being home by myself at night. So on Monday I was on my way to post office when I saw there was a mailman delivering mail in front of us. So, I stopped and waited for him to either move or for the other lane to clear so I could pass him. Well out of no where the SUV behind slammed in to our rear end. Everything went flying and the girls were all screaming. Maddelyn was crying that her head hurt and I felt like a truck had hit me (no pun intended) so we drove ourselves to the ER. Maddelyn checked out fine but I had whiplash. So needless to say this week has been insane with all the calls to insurance, chiropractor's visit, rental car place, buying new car seats for the girls, and all that comes with an accident. It just so happens that this all lined up with one of the busiest hair bow weeks I've had in a long time! I did though get my first order form the catalog that my bows have been featured in! So last week basically was one of the most stressful in a long time. It does not help that we STILL have not gotten an answer back on the interview we had a few weeks ago. Last thing we knew they still were not don interviewing the other possible people. So....needless to say last week was the first time that I had felt the rapid/skipping heartbeat and chest pain since like January! You can't tell me it's not connected with stress levels! So we just got home form a weekend at my in laws in PA and tonight is to be filled with packing up a few ebay orders and then hopefully watching a relaxing movie with my hubby. After this week/weekend I think I'll be taking a week off from any ebay auctions just to re-coup and get things kinda back into the "norm". So anyways sorry for the lack of posts but as you can tell I really did have a good excuse!

I'll leave you with some funny mom quotes and facts that I came across this week! Gotta love these!

"I suffer from M.A.D.D. - Mommy Attention Deficit Disorder." ~Raenita

"I'm not going to vacuum 'til Sears makes one you can ride on." ~Roseanne Barr

"Cleaning up with children around is like shoveling during a blizzard" ~ Author Unknown

"Any mother could perform the jobs of several air-traffic controllers with ease." ~ Lisa Alther

"If evolution really works, how come mothers only have two hands?"~Milton Berle

"It's not easy being a mother. If it were easy, fathers would do it."~The Golden Girls

"I'd like to be the ideal mother, but I'm too busy raising my kids."~Unknown

"Most children threaten at times to run away from home. This is the only thing that keeps some parents going."~ Phyllis Diller

"Raising a kid is part joy and part guerilla warfare."~Ed Asner

FACTS.....

2 is the average number of children that women today can expect to have in their lifetime.

88% of Laundry is done by moms, totaling 330 loads of laundry and 5,300 articles of clothing each year. (So if this is on the average "2" kids...how much laundry am I doing and especially with an Emma???)

Preschoolers require mom's attention once every 4 minutes or 210 times a day. (Yet again these facts are NOT including an Emma! )

A baby has 7,300 diaper changes by it's 2nd birthday. (So IF my 3 had been potty trained by their second birthday that means I would have changed about 21,900 diapers in the last 5 years????? No wonder I never seem to get anything done!)

4 comments:

Chare said...

Sorry about the crash, hope everything ends up well for you guys! I love reading your posts makes my life feel a little more normal. I have 3 under three, so... Sharalee

Unknown said...

Very funny- I wonder what all that diaper changing has done to our sense of smell? Just a thought :)
Love Ya!

Joyful Mom ~ Karla said...

Oh dear! I hope you are feeling better soon. Whiplash is NO FUN. I had it when Matthew and I were in a wreck when he was almost 2 years old.

Hang in there, and I'm with you on the diaper duty thing. :0)

Hugs,
Karla

Anonymous said...

wow what a week, I'm glad to hear you are all okay other than whiplash! You sound so busy! I was gonna ask if you would do up some bows to match the dress I posted on my site. If you think you might have enough time let me know because I wanted to offer one or a pair up with the dress that I'm going to sell, and keep one/or a pair for Katie.