Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Happy 5th Birthday Miss Maddelyn!


So my lil' bumkin turned 5 today! Oh dear! Yes it seems partially like she's been here forever and at the same time I can't believe it's been 5 years since Daddy and I started calling her our little baby pumpkin (bunkin.) It still amazes me looking back at how dark complected she was and all that hair! Since my last 2 have been baldies it's nice to refresh my memory that any future babies still could have hair! LOL! In this picture Maddelyn is just 2 weeks old and looking so alert. That's our Maddie! She doesn't miss a thing!

So this morning Nathan and I went in her room to sing her happy birthday and I asked her if she was excited to finally be 5? She said, "YES! Now I can go to first grade! " Well not quite hun! They are always trying to grow up way too fast on us! Maddelyn and Daddy then went out for the annual Maddie-Daddy breakfast while the girls and I ran errands. We had pizza for lunch and she was able to open a few gifts form us and her sisters and blow out the candles on her mini doggie cake. I'll post pictures of it tomorrow. After the girls and Daddy took a nap (Nathan took a day of leave from work to celebrate her birthday) we ran a couple of quick errands and then headed to the theater to see Horton Hears a Who! GREAT pro-life message there but since this is her birthday post I'll let you search my old posts for more info on that. Afterwards we went to Cold Stone Creamery for some oooooh so nice ice cream. We rounded out the evening by watching American Idol and the girls saying if each contestant sang "pretty or ugly." I think she had a pretty good birthday. Oh...and she had her little birthday girl tee-shirt with a cupcake on it from Gymboree, and a tiara in her hair as it's a Martin girl tradition to wear the "birthday crown." Like I said I will post pictures of the day soon.

Happy Birthday my sweet little girl! May your next five years go oooooooh so slower than your first five years did! Love ya lots!!!

4 comments:

Joyful Mom ~ Karla said...

Happy birthday, Maddie! Welcome to the wonderful world of 5 year olds. You've joined the ranks of your cousin Kate and her friend Matthew. :0)

Blessings,
Karla

Bonghi Vestiti said...

How sweet! They grow so fast...my baby is 22...I would give anything to have the younger years back again! :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Maddelyn!!

I love the modeling pics and the pregnancy pics you've taken :)

oh and I updated my xanga 10 minutes after you checked it! lol

Have a wonderful week!

Aliya'sMommy said...

It does go so fast! I remember standing in the hall way with Alicia just as excited as could be that she was being born, and now I sit her holding my own little chicita! Next....college.....