Sunday, January 21, 2007

Ice-ed in!

Well we came to Willard today to show off Caroline to the rest of the family and now we are ice-ed in! It started a freezing rain after we got here and now we are afraid to make the 50 min trip home with the girls. So we are staying at my parnets for the night. Caroline is having an interesting time of keeping things contained in her diaper so I was out of clean clothes for her. My grandma went through the grandkids play baby clothes for the dolls and found some baby sleepers for her. I guess this is one of the benefits of a winter baby...never knowing how much to pack in case there is snow or ice!

Caroline is doing great! We came home from the hospital on Wed and have been spending time with family since then. She is doing a wonderful job of sleeping, maybe too well of a job! You have to really work to get her awake enough to nurse. She actually sleeps all the time! She is a very content baby. The only thing we are working on with her is that she tends to be alert only in the evenings and at night she is not content unless she is held. She just lays there whining wanting you to pick her up. Of course being her mom I can not sleep through it so I end up picking her up so I can sleep between feedings. Hopefully she is just a cuddler and not getting her days/nights mixed up! Tonight we are going to try swaddling her more and putting her in carseat. Maybe being confined will keep her happy.

The girls adore her! Maddelyn wanted to check out every part and piece of her. Her first questions were..."where are her earrings?" and " when do her eyes open?" We had puppies this spring. She loves telling everyone about her new sister and wants to mother her. Emma is even more facinated with her. She loves holding the baby. She gets upset when others hold her and is constantly asking where the baby is. Emma worries me more though because she adores the baby so much I know she will someday come to me carrying her new sister!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your girls are so cute. That is one thing I am excited about is both my girls are loving the idea of a new baby. Katie talks about it all the time. I hope Caroline gives you a peaceful nights sleep!