Thursday, January 18, 2007

It's a Girl!!!

She's here! Caroline Fayth arrived at 4:22pm on 1/17/07! She surprised us all by being 9 lbs 0.06 oz and 20 1/4 inches! Who would have known I was carrying a 9 lb baby in there? We went in at 7:00 pm on Tuesday night after our induction was pushed back twice that day. Once I got in, they got me admitted and settled in adn at 9:30 they were to start a slow drip of pitocen. Well, in the next several hours they had 3 new babies arrive, so my pitocen was not started until 5am on Wednesday. I got my epidural at 10:30 and my water was broken at 12:20. The labor was totally uneventful.....praise God! When she was born the first thing we all said was that she looks exactly like her big sister Maddelyn did as a newborn! Of course Caroline is about a 1/2 lb heavier though! She also has dark brown hair and Maddelyns was jet black at birth. She is a really sweet baby and loves to suck on her finders already...Emma your little sister is already taking after your thumb sucking habits! She actually was born with a little blood blister under her toung from sucking so much in my stomach! It's already gone though, so everything is fine. She is doing a pretty good job of nursing. Sometimes I really have to encourage her that it is time to eat though...she really likes to sleep! Big sisters Maddelyn and Emma Grace are coming to meet her today. I can't wait for Maddelyn to see her! She told everyone yesterday that Caroline Fayth "came out" yesterday! How cute! Enjoy a few pics of our newest princess!

3 comments:

Heidi Lacy said...

Okay YEah she is so beautiful! Sorry I didnt get back to you crazy here, I will have new papers tomarrow and I am heading back to columbus Sat. so if your home and up to it I will drop by meet the New little one and Maybe even get a few scrapbook layout out of you befor tuesday evening, this is when I will be back in mansfield to meet columbus girls with there stuff..If its not possible I absolutley understand but dont want to give you a chance as it would be great to have a layout of all three of the Sweet sugar Candy's mname sakes together on a layout!!:)God bless all of you and I am so Happy for you!!:)

Lorrie said...

Congrats! She is beautiful. The pics remind me so much of my dd when she was born. Mine was 9lbs even.. nice and chunky and adorable!
Beautiful baby girl!

Anonymous said...

Oh what a beautiful little princess!!! Wow and 9lbs!! my biggest was 7.5lbs so far. I hope that my labor is as uneventful as yours lol. COngrats!!! She is beautiful, I'm sure your daughters are so proud :) Katie watched the Dora video you got her today the one about Dora's new babies, and she is really putting together the picture that mommy has a new baby in her tummy and eventually it'll come out :) Yea, I am so happy for you :)