Friday, January 5, 2007

Waiting on Baby and Taking Down Christmas....

Not too much going on around here. We are spending the day taking down all the Christmas decorations and trying to get our house back to normal. I was afraid that if we did not get it done today and the baby ends up coming, that it would be Feb before our tree comes down! No big news on the baby either. We went in for our weekly check up on Wed and the midwife said no change! UHH! So we are now 37 1/2 weeks pregnant and she is holding out tight! I told Nathan that after all of that early labor she has carved out handles in my ribcage! The midwife did tell me the earliest they would do anything to encourage her would be 29 weeks, so the most I have to go is another week and a half. We are just kinda holding out now waiting on her. Our famous last words when it comes to planning anything is...."as long as we're not at the hospital!" It's kinda of frustrating not being ale to plan anything and living out of a packed overnight bag for the last month!

We spent 1/2 of the week in Willard at Nathan's grandmother's house. We got the call on Tuesday that his Great-grandma was not doing too well and was fading fast. So we loaded up the girls and have been camping out there. Great celebrated her 100th birthday yesterday and has stabilized for now. So the family is all just waiting and checking in to see if Great's stubborness will pull her through this yet again! Can you imagine living 100 years! WOW! What a legacy!

Well, no big plans for the weekend. We are planning on watching Ohio State in the National Championship game on Monday night. So unless Caroline decides to make a weekend arrival....nothing big happening around here!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful post. ((HUGS!!)) and good luck on your upcoming delivery! I hope Great pulls through so she can see the newest member of your family!

Anonymous said...

I hope that Great pulls thru so she can meet the newest member of the family. My DH grandma is 2 years away from 100. Good luck on the new bundle of joy who is soon to arrive

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear you are all doing so well! She'll come when it's the right time, but you know this. Enjoy you last few days being pregnant...is this your last one? it will be for us, so my mom keeps on teliing me when I am having a rough day "enjoy it" :P
Anyway thanks for updating I've been wondering about you!
Rachael