Monday, April 2, 2007

Busy Weekend!

Well this is the first I have actually had time to sit and write a bit and actually its just because I am waiting on the babysitter to arrive so I can leave for Bible study. The slumber party went great...especially if you think 8 girls 5 and under (including Caroline!) We had a bit of trouble getting them all to bed. I turned the movie off at 11 and it was way after midnight before the last two..one being Maddelyn, went to sleep. I had 3 or 4 different girls knocking on my door though the night for various reasons. The first girls were up at 7:15, so you can tell how much sleep Nathan and I got and that was besides Caroline's normal feedings. But, the girls had a blast and that was the important fact!

Yesterday, Maddelyn's actual birthday, she went out for Breakfast with Daddy and then got to take treats to her Sunday School class. We opened up her gifts from us after lunch and then that afternoon was filled with playing outdoors. We rode bikes, took a walk to Dairy Queen, and even hid eggs! My dad also dropped by to wish her a happy birthday.
I have some funny pictures to show you of last Thurdsay...
Remember....all of this stuff was in about a hour and a half! Let's see, after Emma's nap we started the afternoon by her hand stamping her play dishes with one of my stamp pads. Keep in mind that I was about 6 feet from her folding laundry and still could not get to her in time. While I was picking up the living room, she was in the kitchen with cake leftovers! Mind you this piece was like the size of 4 normal pieces! She was as proud as could be when I found her...just licking those bright green fingers! I think she did not get the message that St. Patty's Day was last month?

Then I sent the girls out in the backyard to keep them out of stuff while I cleaned up. Maddelyn is yelling for me so I head to the back door. BeforeI even get outside I see a pile of Emma's clothes, shoes, and pull-up by the door! She was as naked as a jay bird in her play house! I of course went out to take pictures (stick those back for the first time she brings a boy home!) As soon as I walked up tot he playhouse Emma goes "Mom! I Naked! Clothes wet!" She had taken the lid off her sippy cup, spilled it, and thought it's better to be naked than wet! No clue why the pull-up had to come off though! ( I have really funny *cheek* pictures but of course I won't post those on here! LOL!





3 comments:

Colleen said...

Sounds like the kids had a great party and you got some great shots here!

Anonymous said...

Well the party sounds really great...and the photos are great too...seems like her birthday was also a great one...and well for some more fun and laughter for birthdays you can also visit my blog on Birthday Celebrations and enjoy all that i've posted there!!!

4ddintx said...

Emma and Lydia could get in a lot of trouble..err I mean have fun...together! Last week Lydia got a roll of postage stamps and deacorated her high chair with the "stickers". She regularly decorates herself with markers, as well!

Happy birthday, Maddelyn!

Tabitha