Thursday, April 5, 2007

Profound Show on Liberal Cable??

I know that many of you who read my blog are from the scrap world and might not hold the same beliefs that I do, but I would assume after reading my blog you would know my stance on the pro-life issue. It put it VERY bluntly....no exceptions to the rule. I believe 100% in life at conception. As in life begins when the sperm and egg meet. That is the way God designed it. There is no question for me on well, what about implantation time, rape, insest, life of the mother???? For me it is, as many other controverisal issues in today's society, a FIRM answer that I look back to the Bible for.

So why do I bring up this heated issue today? Well on Tuesday night there was a very profound episode of "House" that aired. I usually don't watch this show because of it's very liberal ideals, but we had been watching the previous show and got busy with our computers so the channel was never changed. We actually had to unmute it when the drastic sceene came on. Anyways the National Right to Life Newsletter did a wonderful article on how this very liberal show not only suggest the idea of pro-life but they actually re-enacted the sceen that so many of us pro-lifers are familiar with. It is the picture of the baby in utero, that while be operated on reached out and gabbed the doctor's hand! (view photgraph here www.michaelclancy.com/story.html )

Well in the TV show, Dr. House is known as a pro-choicer. In two other episodes he manages to convince girls to have an abortion, one of which was dead set on keeping her baby (because of religious reasons) even though she was raped. So guess what doctor the baby chooses to grab on to during the pre-delivery operation! It really was amazing to watch...even if it was just hollywood! I just BRIEFLY summed up the episode but you can read the whole article here http://www.nrlc.org/news_and_views/ To watch the actual clip of the show click here http://us.video.aol.com/video.index.adp?mode=1&pmmsid=1881669. I was so excited to see the reaction that his show has caused and how God is able to use a known liberal tv show to produce such VERY pro-life images! Please take the time to read this article and pass the info on to your family and friends.

I know I go from scrapbook pages and silly kid pictures to heated issues like abortion! LOL! But anyone who knows me, knows that his is my platform. I guess every First Lady to be has to have a platform ready??? LOL!!

No comments: