Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Obsessive Complusive, Engine Belts, and a Baby!

ETA: Just wanted to add from the title WE ARE NOT PREGNANT!! Since everyone was wondering! See I knew what you were thinking!

Days like yesterday are the kind where you lay in bed at night and still can't understand what all went on and where the day went. The morning started out just fine and we did Maddelyn's school work just fine. The internet went out which normallly would not have been a big deal except I had to get an address off ebay to mail out an auction. So I fooled around with it for a while and then decided it would have to wait for Nathan to arrive since you know I'm oh so technically savy? So during nap time I decided to pull out the still-in-the-box photoshop to give it a wing. I was dying to get the program in MARCH and now in September. I finally decide to make myself sit still more than 5 minutes and give it a whirl. It all was going great, easy to figure out how to upload and store pics and even how to edit them. Well then I started to try to figure out how to used the "layers" to create cards (the reason I wanted it.) I thought I could figue it out in time to do Emma's b-day invites. Well, lets just say after lots of frustrations, nap time was over and I was more stressed after naptime than before the kids had gone to bed??? That didn't work. So I decided to destress a bit and hand mop the kitchen floors. I know...I know! Hubby said I was clinically insane for doing this, not beacuse I was hand mopping them, but because I did it to de-stress. This is why I self-diagnosed myself with OCPD...Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder. For all close family and friends read below the qualifications for the disorder. You'll be like...wow...that's Mandi! Nathan said he's going to find a dissorder on the web for him as well to make excuses for his wierdness! My friend said it's not a dissorder, it's just being a mom! Ok...here's the test

Rate each statement below on a scale of 1 to 4 as follows:
1 None or a little of the time
2 Some of the time
3 Good part of the time
4 Most or all of the time

1. I prefer things to be done my way. LOL? Is that even a question? YES!
2. I am critical of people who don't live up to my standards or expectations. sadly yes
3. I stick to my principles, no matter what. pretty much so
4. I am upset by changes in the environment or the behavior of people. I say traditions...Nathan says ruts!
5. I am meticulous and fussy about my possessions. yeah, kinda too much
6. I get upset if I don't finish a task. yep - why we're always late!
7. I insist on full value for everything I purchase. of course!
8. I like everything I do to be perfect. uhhh yeah
9. I follow an exact routine for everyday tasks. Brush Teeth, Take vitamins, Go Potty, Take contacts out, PJ's, set alarm, make the bed to get in it. (Nathan by this time has messed up the covers just getting into bed!)
10. I do things precisely to the last detail. yep
11. I get tense when my day's schedule is upset. Definitely
12. I plan my time so that I won't be late. Ok, this one is NOT me! Hate to admit that we're a late family but only beaucse I am running tryint ot use every last minute to get stuff done and can't put it away unfinished to get out the door in time.
13. It bothers me when my surroundings are not clean and tidy. For sure
14. I make lists for my activities. Yep, usually on my bathroom mirror
15. I think that I worry about minor aches and pains. Not really?
16. I like to be prepared for any emergency. (Aunt Donna this one made me think of you! Girl Scout??
17. I am strict about fulfilling every one of my obligations. yeppie yep
18. I think that I expect worthy moral standards in others. yep
19. I am badly shaken when someone takes advantage of me. yep
20. I get upset when people do not replace things exactly as I left them. LOL! Yeah!
21. I keep used or old things because they might still be useful. This would be more Nathan, if we don't use it pitch it! There's not space for it!
22. I think that I am sexually inhibited. odd question???
23. I find myself working rather than relaxing. Do I EVER relax??
24. I prefer being a private person. kinda
25. I like to budget myself carefully and live on a cash and carry basis. (can we say Dave Ramsey's cash-only-budget?)

I got an 81.......
25-45. Not compulsive or uptight.
46-55. Mildly O-C. Your compulsiveness is working for you, and you are successfully adaptive.
56-70. Moderately O-C. You are adaptive but uptightness has crept into your personality function, and you experience uncomfortable days of high tension.
71-100. Severely O-C. You are adaptive but quite uptight, insecure and driving hard.
The closer you are to the rating of 100, the nearer you come to playing brinkmanship at the ragged edge that borders on exhaustion of your adaptive reserve and a slump into depression.

So enough of my bunny trail...I say all that to say yep...OCPD for me! LOL!

So while mopping the floor, Nathan calls and says that his car has broken down AGAIN! Short story on this is that he bought a small car a few weeks ago to drive back and forth to work. Well a belt snapped last week so he had be towed to the shop to be fixed. They said it was a belt and we were on our way. But, it was still squeeling so he took it back. They said it was old rubber from the previous belt and it would wear off soon. Fine. Well, yesterday it "wore off" the old rubber and the new belt! So back to the shop, after 90 min wait on a tow and then the mechanic was at lunch so finally he says he'll replace the belt but there was no paper trail of the last repairs so we were liable! Uhh! Well at least until we take it back to the orignial shop. So 4 hours later he gets on the road home!

Since he was taking so long I had to have my mom pull the adress of the web for me so we could go to the post office, chiropractor's and then Sam's. For some reason Sam's took forever so it ended up being the kinda night were the kids got to pick their dinner from the freezer section at Sam's Club. (bad bad mom!) We finally get home and Nathan shortly after and then it's time for bed! Where did the day go? Oh, and by the way the internet problem that was over my head? Yeah the cable modem just had to be reset! Uhh!

I'll leave you with this.......
I saw this 3-D ultrasound pic on my sister-in-laws blog of my new niece (arriving mid January)
How anazing is this. It makes you take a whole new look at how God sees us in the womb before we're born! What a miracle as He hand stitches us together! Definitely makes you say How Great is Our God!! By the way, she's 23 weeks gestation so technically she's not viable outside the womb or at least would have a good fight if she were to arrive today. Amazing how perfect she is for 23 weeks! This verse came to mind.........

"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." Psalm 139:13-15


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful profile! hugs! your life sounds as busy as mine :) and boy am I glad you aren't preggo LOL!