Sunday, September 23, 2007

Why Can't Spider's be Like Koala Bears?

Our girls just LOVE the Nature Center on Wed mornings. This past Wed Daddy got to come with us on his way to his 1/2 day at work. He couldn't have picked a better week to go with us since the theme was spiders. Now don't get me wrong, I love the beauty in God's greation of fly catchers, but why did he have to create such a creepy thing to do that job? Couldn't he have made something more like a horse or a koala bear, something cute and non-freaky to do that job? Nope...he had to make a spider. So on this moring to honor and learn all about the spider....Daddy helped out alot! :D The hands-on part of the day was catching spider webs by spraying them with spray paint and then sticking them on black paper. Great! But to do that you had to shew the spider off her web. These aren't tiny little daddy long legs. No! They are half dollar sized freaky spiders! So my brave little girls were right by daddy's side as he shewed the spiders away and captured their webs. Yep, I'm a proud momma, but that proud momma stayed on the path. Nathan said the only reason I even came out for it was that I was too ashamed to have the other 3 and 4 year olds show me up! I can handle it I think? Well maybe until snake day? I think on that day mommy will have a sudden headace come on that will result in having to rest in the van? LOL!

Maddelyn's web that Daddy helped her spraypaint and then put on paper. She was so proud!


The guy is feeding a spider here. Yes, he actually threw a worm into the spider's web and the kids stood there and watched her spin it up and eat it! Yep...see how FAR back the picture was taken from the spider that was being fed? There was a reason for the distance on this shot!

Caroline in her Maya Wrap
I just loved this picture and how is shows that our older two are totally Daddy's girls. Thank goodness I'm still nursing Caroline so she's a Momma's girl, but when we wean...instant Daddy's girl! Uhh!

We were able to go to Malabar Farms' Heritage Days this weekend with the girls. They got a kick out of the horse rides and wagon rides, but were pretty leary of the musket loaders practicing thier shots. I got this adorable dried flowers hanging for my front door and now everytime you come in the house you can smell Fall! DEFINITELY worth $5 just to constantly smell Fall!
Maddelyn on her long awaited wagon ride.

The girls on their horse rides. For some reason I don't have a picture of Maddelyn close up like Emma? Maybe it's still on the camera?
Of course we had to take a few Fall pics with such a beautiful backdrop! I LOVE Fall pics before it gets cold enough to have to bundle everyone up! Ohio' cold weather Fall layers kinda hides the cute kids!

Sorry for the long post but I have even more pics to share of a new project but I'll post that later since this post has drug on enough!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your wrap! how long after your surgery was it till you started feeling "normal" again??