Friday, May 18, 2007

Very Scary Day

***edited***

Praise be to God! The neighbor found my diaper bag ditched in her back yard!!! So in it was my empty wallet (yes they took the time to slide my driver's lisc out of the little plastic sleeve!), my keys, and my coupon holder!!! See, this couplon holder is full of labeled enveloped with cash in each one. We do the cash only budget (Dave Ramsey) so twice a month we pull cash for the next two weeks. Well I had just pulled a few hundered on the 15th. But since I had about 100 in my actual wallet for something different, I guess they figured that was it and the other thing was just coupons??? So our neighbor called and said she had it and that the police took it to investigate it. So on Monday we will find out exactly what was all there, but she did say that there was some cash in the coupon thing! Why would they take some and not all of it??? Praise God for the little blessings! He's so good! Our insurance said that they will give us replacement value for the items...who-hoo new camera again. They also will replace up to 200 of the cash. So basically in a couple of weeks we'll have our stuff replaced it will then just be a matter of my hubby's lost info on his laptop and the lose of feeling secure in my own home!



So we had a lifechanging experience today. Nathan got up for work like normal and on the way out the door he went to grap his laptop. Well, he couldn't find it. So I got up at like 5:30am to help him find and and it was no where? So I started looking around and my diaper bag (which also has my wallet and such, basically my purse) was also gone? So I then saw a box of misc old papers...family history documents....opened up and rummaged through in it's normal spot in the living room??? Then it hit me....we'd been robbed!!!!!! Yes, someone came into our home while we were sleeping upstairs and stole form us! So far we have found missing Nathan's laptop, my wallet, keys, cash, ring and Maddelyn's bracelet inside my wallet, cell, and my camera!!! Yes my beloved Nikon D-50 is gone!!! Today has been an Earth shattering day. Totally unbelievable!!!! To think someone came into our home with us there! Very wierd feeling! So praise God we are all ok and our insurance will be covering all the items and some of the cash stolen. Even though the items will be replaced it still changes your life forever. Kinda like the feeling after 9-11, you just never get back to that innocence and you always feel like someone has invaded your PERSONAL space. Please just be in prayer that the insurance reimbursements come soon so we can get back to normal!

Oh...and because I don't have my camera, the benefit auction for Jen Gallacher will be postponed until I can borrow my Mom's camera next week to get the auction up. Another frustrating thing!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, I'm so sorry :( That is really scary, I hope that everything is restored to you. I'm glad that no one was hurt and all they took was stuff that is easily replaced. Don't forget to call the bank to cancel your cards!

Anonymous said...

Hallelujah!!!

God we thank you your protective hand and the army of angels that kept this special family safe.

We also pray for those that intended to bring evil to this home and ask that somehow they be reached by your love and that they will come to know the heavenly Father that has become our friend.

Amen