Wednesday, January 23, 2008

You Know You're Getting Old When....

You know you're getting old when your 3 year old comes in the room carrying a Strawberry Shortcake book from you childhood with a mini record in it. The record drops out on to the floor and she exclaimes..."OH! A really big CD!" Yep..that just added about 20 years on me! Oh how old I felt at that moment!

So Maddelyn is doing her school work yesterday and we were discussing how K and C have the same sound. So I ask her is she can think of anymore "K" words. She say....Cada? I was like what? You know Cada! I said Maddelyn I have no idea what you're talking about. She says you know Mom, it's a place. Ohhhh! Canada? She was like yeah! I had no clue she even knew the word Canada let alone that it was a place? But, she was right...it was a "K" sound even thought it wasn't a K. The really hard one for her was that CAT starts with a "C" and KITTENS starts with a "K". Now what genius thought that one up? Obviously not a mom!!!

Caroline is sick..yet again! She has had a real mild fever with no other signs for about 3 days. That's not totally unusual for her. Well today I get her out of her PJ's and she has a rash all over her! Poor thing! I HATE the fact that someone has been sick in our home since like Thanksgiving? We are never going to get well! I can't wait for the warm weather of Spring to come to I can open everything up to air out the house and then lysol everything! We need to sterilize the entire house! Just wrap saran wrap around it and steam all those germs out! I wish! Wouldn't that be great though...steam sanizitze your entie house in one shot? I am just itching to start my Spring cleaning although it's kinda hard to do that when it's snowing outside and you can't vent the fumes? Hurry up Spring! Mandi wants to CLEAN!!! (this would be the OCD talking! )

For those of you who are wondering about my heart and have called or sent emails with your prayers and well wishes. Thank you!!! The Electrophysiologist (sp?) called yesterday and wanted to bump up my appt to Feb 8th instead of the end of the month to review my tilt test results. I did not have a very good exprience at all that day so I guess he wants to talk about it. I also want to ask him about the headach I have had since I started the medication as well as why 3 times in the past 2 days I have been VERY light headed while totally resting? I never had anything like this at all before so now it makes think hmmmm.....I was fine before the make-you-dizzy-to see-if-you-pass-out test, I failed that obviously and now I am having dizzy spells? Wierd? Well, I will know more on the 8th.

Have a great night everyone!

No comments: