Friday, March 9, 2007

3 Things...

Three things that made me laugh today.....

1. We went to Dairy Queen to treat the kids tonight and Emma walked right up to another table, sat down with her ice cream cone, and said "Hi...blah, blah, ice cream, blah, blah (Emma Talk.)"

2. We told Maddelyn last night that her birthday was coming before long and asked her if she was okay with having a ladybug party with her cousins. So, now MULTIPLE times a day she says "Is it my birthday yet? "Is today my birthday?" "Are we doing such and such because today is my birthday?" "When IS my birthday???"

3. Nathan had put the girls to bed this evening and we were both downstairs...him on his laptop and me scrap'n around the corner at my desk. He heard something and looked past his laptop to see Emma just sitting there watching TV with him. He had no clue how long she had been watching TV with him before he heard her? He said "Emma...what are you doing?" She replied "I'm not sleepy!" How funny to hear that out of one who doesn't talk too much!

Three things that make me happy;
1. Caroline's NEW smile!
2. Seeing new scrapbooking supplies from CHA show up in the stores! :D
3. Actually having a day OVER 60 this early in March!

Three things that drive me nuts:
1. Waiting for anything...kinda impatient
2. Clutter
3. Running late...which I usually am!

Three things I can not wait for:
1. To start seeing my girls' paper line from A2Z start appearing in the stores
2. Maddelyn to finally rememebr which is "D" and which is "E " in her flashcards
3. The HUGE twin garage sale I go to twice a year...bargain kid clothes!!! :D Only 1 more week!

Three things I want most to instill in my daughters:
1: For them come to a point of not only having a deep faith, but a personal relationship with thier Father God.
2. For them to settle for nothing less than someone like thier daddy when looking for a man.
3. As long as they seek God's plan for their lives, it might get tough, but He will aways provide. His Will is FAR above anything we might desire or could even imagine.

Three favorite earthly possesions:
1. Nikon D50 Camera....uhhh....smile! :D
2. My bathroom heater...hubby says I live in the bathroom? I like hot showers?? Can you blame me?
3. My Great-Grandparents Cast Iron Bed that was given to me.


Well that's it for tonight. Nathan has guard this weekend and tomorrow we will be spending time at Chuckie Cheese's with my parents, brother, nieces, and nefew for a bit. I think I forgot to post that Nathan and I decided for him to re-up with the National Guard for another 6 years. We talked quite a bit about it and weighed all the options and decided this is what was best. As long as he is at Joint Force Headquarters he has little to no chance of being deployed and there is always that $15,000 sign on bonus to help influence our decision! Basically that $10,500 take home sure does help us pay off a few things and set us up pretty nice to buy a house whenever we finally get settled! Besides all of that to weigh in the decision, Nathan said that he really did not want to get out of the service as long as we were still at war. I understood where he was coming from. He is sooo patriotic.

No comments: