Friday, March 2, 2007

From DC

So we are still here in DC at CPAC. The confrence has gone pretty well so far...of course always a few bumps, but okay for the most part. Last night I was able to hear the Vice President speak at a dinner we attended. That was pretty neat. Caroline also got a picture with Ken Blackwell....ran for Ohio's govener this past year. The dinner was some big who-ha, but to me I could have had a better tasting meal at O'Charley's but that is a pretty common thing for those mega bucks political dinners. I did laugh though at the fact that I basically could have filled a dishwasher with just my place setting! I think I counted 7 utinsels, 3 glasses, and 5 plates for just me!! As you can tell, our family is much more of a McDonald's happy meal to keep the kids quiet kinda family! :D This afternoon I spent the afternoon shopping with a friend that I met here. Our hubbies have worked together in the past. Anyways it was nice to get away from the confrence for a bit. Afterwards a big group of us went to an Irish pub, not the Dubliner though...we did that the other night! We love our Reubens! Our first night here we went there to eat and then took a trip around a few of the monuments at night. They are totally amazing all lit up at night. If you have never seen them in the dark, it is a must for your "do someday list". Well missy has decided she wants to eat, so until next time!

No comments: