Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Random thoughts from this week...

Not too much to report here, so I guess just a few tid-bits about this week?

It snowed again last night...uhh! Spring will never come!

I cleaned and re-organized several closets today..I guess if Spring isn't coming it doesn't mean I can't start my Spring cleaning now? :D Yeah, OCD beacuse I like to clean. Hubby agrees with you that I am a bit off.

We had some DELICIOUS strawberries for dinner tonight that once agian reminded me of warmer weather!

In my midst of going through closets today I came across my old year books...man how life has changed since then! It is so funny how back then we all thought we'd be friends forever and all just stay in Willard. NOT! Yeah, I might have started out a small town girl, but Nathan and his political side is determined to change all of that. I think it is hilarious how different my life is from my old high school friends. Hello, I have been married almost 5 years now and have 3 babies! I have one friend who is currently getting her masters in London? Can we be more different. I am campaigning with hubby in DC and she is hitting the pubs in London?? Never thought I would be in this place, but I can definitely see God's hand has led us to this point in our lives.

I guess being off all dairy while nursing has gotten me into this whole health kick. I started everyone on new vitamins and am trying to pack the house with as many fruits and veggies as possible. I am trying out taking some Omega 3 fish oils for my allergies, so I will have to let you all know how that goes...hopefully well! Hey if nothing else, all this health food will hopefully help with that baby bulge! :D Only about 15 lbs to go, out of my FOURTY gained! Yep...that is what bedrest does to you...uhh!

Here are the pics I promised of DC. Sorry they took that long to post. The one of Caroline and Nathan is with Ken Blackwell. The pic of the guy speaking at the podium far away (I forgot my big lense in the hotel room) is Vice Pres. Dick Chenney. I also took some pics of the monuments at night but I wish I had thought to bring my tripod. But, who knew that I would be out that late at night taking night shots of the monuments? The last picture is of Caroline on her third flight..don't ask we had a crazy trip home on Sunday. US Airways decided that that was the absolute best day to put in a new computer system! Long story short....we ended up with a cancelled flight, layover in NC, almost missed the second flight, and taking almost 10 hours to get home instead of about 3!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

why do I copy you... lol it's another girl here for us too :)

Heather said...

Love your DC pictures. Sounds like a great trip. And 25 is the age that I have been for several years now so it's not that bad! Wait till 30 comes along! I cried for a week!

Anonymous said...

Mandi you are looking so good! I can tell you've lost some weight and you look much more comfortable now that baby is out :)