Saturday, November 3, 2007

And the Winner is.....

Ok, so I check tonight and I have had 40 some hits since I asked for comments to see who was lurking. And do you know how many comments I got???? 8? Hmm? I know there are more lurkers out there because I had lunch with one of them today who said she didn't comment but read the post....MOM! Anyways, just thought it was funny how many people read my blog that I have not clue who they are. I guess "Emma stories" draw in people from near and far. I can't blam then though, I'd read a total stranger's blog about her crazy stay-at-home mom life just to see if all 3 kids lived to see yet another day. Wait I do read a blog like that ( http://mom2my6pack.blogspot.com/ ) just to say...hmmm...my life isn't THAT bad! We aren't totally losing it!

So without anymore rambling....the winner of my little 5000 post celebrations is...... AMY! I'm glad to know that someone else can relate to my stores! So email me glassslipper02@yahoo.com and we can figure out what color bows you want. See all you lurkers, if you had made your presence known, these cute bows cold be yours! HaHa! No in reality I do know several blog friends that didn't comment either maybe everyone when on a scrapbooking cruise or to Hawaii without me and didn't let me know??? No, probably not.

So another Emma story.......

So yesterday Emma had a bit on yellow on her face and I asked her what it was. She just kinda smiled ...which tells me she's up to something. I tought it was candy since that's the normal thing in Emma's mouth these days. Since we went Trick-or-Treating this kid has stockpiles of candy horded in secret places. I put the candy WAY up on top o the fridge (not that Emma hasn't been up there before) but almost everytime I see her she is munching on more candy? I think what it is, she knew I'd eventually hide the candy so she made herself up a little (huge) reserve in every room of our house to tide her over. I seriously think 3/4 of the day Emma has yet another piece of candy in her mouth. Of course my house looks like it's candy-free but nope...Emma knows exactly where her stashes are.

Anyways back off my bunny trail. So I thought it was just more candy. I told her to open up so I could make her spit out what was left of it, well when she opens her mouth, inside its NEON yellow! What? So I finally get her to fess up that it's not candy, it's from sucking on a magic marker??? Thank God they are non-toxic! So we have this huge talk about they're nasty, don't do that again, it could make you sick, yada yada. So later that night Nathan comes downstairs and says Emma's grounded from markers? He says you're not going to believe this...Oh really? Try me?? She's been sucking on markers again????? Ok, I am the first one to admit that my child is wierd. Yep, now that I've said it out loud you all can sit back in your chairs and say, we already knew that. Oh Emma! Wish I'd have taken a picture of that, but then again we'll probably see that polaroid moment again in the next few days.

2 comments:

4ddintx said...

Are Emma and Lydia identical cousins, separated in utero? She used to suck on markers all of the time! The blue ones make for interesting colored pee! The older girls would suffer if I grounded her from markers so that hasn't been a solution. We need to get these two together!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe I won!!!! This is perfect! I'll email you ASAP so we can discuss colors. Thanks!

Amy