Friday, November 9, 2007

I am Thankful For.....

So during this time of stress, someone (thanks hubby) once told me that it helps you get through the hard times when you count your blessings. So that's what I'm doing tonight. I am being thankful for what God has given me! Besides it fits the season :)

I am thankful for.......

1. A family that is healthy
2. A roof over my head
3. A daughter that always asks why, which makes me evaluate the details of my world in order to be able to answer all her questions.
4. A sweet camera...gotta love spending 3 days at walmart in line waiting for a playstaion 3 last Nov just to sell it on ebay for $$$ and get my camera! Yep....and even thought I was pregnant it was so worth it!
5. A van that runs...hey when you've had this much car problems in one month, that's a huge blessing!
6. A Christmas Club at our bank which takes out a bit each month for a Christmas fund. This way Chirstmas is paid for each year and we don't have to stress about it! :)
7. My scrapbooking room, even though I don't get to use it much lately. It's inspiring when I walk through it on the way to the laundry room??
8. A MOPS group in which I have made such sweet friends and gotten the girls and I involved in other local groups.
9. A wonderful church and pastor that have been such encouragers in the rough times.
10. A 3 year old that has me laughing most days and only wanting to strangle her some days! HaHa!
11. A husband who supports me in no matter what I do and is always there for me. He truely is my gift from God.
12. A family that is close by (never thought we'd live this close to them).
13. A hairbow buisness that is taking off to a great start.
14. Being able to find a great deal on my girlies bunk beds that they are getting for Christmas....shhh!
15. God providing Nathan with a second job, which he doesn't mind too much :P
16. Living in a country where I can worship my God freely.
17. Having stangers that I will never meet, leaving all they know here in the US, flying into a war zone, and risking/giving their lives just to protect my childrens' and I's freedoms as Americans.
18. Having made it through all the rough patches before.....NICU, Iraq, College with a baby and pregnant again, Running for Congress, Presidential Campaign, and the current place we find our selves in. As that same wise person (Love ya hubby!) has told me many times, If God did it Before for us....He'll do it again.


So I encourage you guys to make you're own thankful list on your blogs, on a piece of paper, or even in the comment box here! So what has God done for you lately????

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:)!! He has given me a gorgeous daughter, the best best-friend in the whole world, and my sanity in the midst of EXTREME stress! Not to mention the blessings of beautiful weather, the ocean just a mile from my front door, and plenty of clothes in our closets (random, I know- but important!).