Monday, November 26, 2007

Bathing the Cat

So the funniest thing that happened today was this converstaion.....

Maddelyn: We gave the cat a bath!
Me: What?
Me: Pretent of for real (they had been pretending all morning)
Maddleyn: For real
Me: Let me see the cat - Sure enough it was wet from ears to tail
Me: Why did you give the cat a bath?
Emma: Maddelyn did it
Me: Don't EVER do that again!
Me: Did you know that when cousin Kaytie was little she decided to put her kitty in the bath tub with her and it scratched her up really bad?
Me: Do you want that to happen to you? Then DON'T give the cat a bath again!

Yep...life with toddlers!

We practiced calling 9-1-1 with Maddelyn in school today Nathan said he wanted her to know what to do incase there was an emergency since I'm home with the girls by myself all the time. I was kinda leery about teaching how to use the phone since she is a wee-bit of a talker. I guess she's fine now since doesn't know anyone's #. But then again she went through a phase a few months back where she had everyone write their phone number down in her Holly Hobby notebook...hmmm...might have to find that notebook and hide it??? Anyways she did really well with it and we roll played a 911 call as well. She did note that Grandma answers the phone when you call 911 and tells grandpa where to go to help someone who is sick or hurt. She didn't like the fact though that grandma only answers the phone in Willard and not in our town.

Tomorrow we have MOPS again and then we are headed to Willard to help my mom put up her Christmas tree. She decided to do a candy tree again this year (she does a different theme each year) because the kids liked it so much last year. Who wouldn't when it's a TREE FULL OF CANDY? Anyone see a problem with this and Emma? Last year she horded it big time. While we were decorating it she found the large gingerbread baby that was to be the tree topper and took a bite out of it's foot. Yep, she feels the need to personalize everything in her path! I have pictures of it here: http://sweetsugarcandy.blogspot.com/2006_12_03_archive.html Yep there is a picture of the poor tree topper and all. Oh Emma......maybe someday you'll have children and then we can bring out all these pictures and scare you 1/2 to death over what they might do!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You could have used the footless gingerbread man as a great object lesson for people with disabilities. (sorry, I still have Praxis 2 on the brain):)
Can I just say again that I love that Maddelyn- she was just trying to help her OCD mother with a very important chore- keeping the kitty clean!!!

Anonymous said...

Cute story, Mandi, 'though I know it didn't seem too cute to you.

Check out my blog--I have pics of my girls with your bows in. : ) The picture doesn't showcase the bows very well, but it was the best I could do in a hurry on Sunday morning. : 0

Anonymous said...

Well all I can say is my turn is coming. Aliya learned something new...hiccups! WHich was cute and funny last night at 7pm, not so funny at 4am when you can't sleep...LOL