Monday, November 5, 2007

I Will Praise You in This Storm

So as many of you know it's been kinda stressful around here with Nathan starting a second job and all. He goes in tomorrow for his 1st day as a cashier at Walmart. So for those of you family members you also know that we have been under some serious attack with our cars. I think I told you all that I had some major work done on my van a few weeks back? Well, Nathan has also been having a time with his car that he drives back and forth to work in Columbus. This tiny car was meant to save gas on the highway and all we've done so far is put $$ into it! It's broken down several times with throwing a belt and overheating. So after about 5 times of getting that repaired, we ended up putting a new alternator in for $600. It's frustraiting but worth it if it stops breaking down on the interstate. Well, this morning Nathan's car overheated YET AGAIN on the way to work. This was the first day driving it after the alternator was replaced. So we're back to square one after spending about $1000 on a $1500 car! Uhhh!


I say all of this to say that I/we are asking for prayer over and for our family. The whole car ordeal is just a tiny window into the serious attack of the enemy as well as a time of waiting on God to move, that we have been going through these past several months. It's a time of releying on God and knowing that He in in controll. As Nathan says, I know it's frustrating all that is happening, but at least we are all here and all healthy. It could be so much worse! Praise God for the blessings in the storm!

The song "Praise You in This Storm" by Casting Crowns has really been an inspiration to me. I heard it when it first came out after Katrina, but the words to this song go so much farther than just a real-life storm. I attached a video that shows the song from a deployed soldier's point of view. It's worth checking out. There are some very inspiring scriptures in the video as well. I wish I knew how to imbed the video into my blog. Oh well?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ef9jKHwHueQ

Here are the lyrics to the song as well.....

"Praise You In This Storm"

I was sure by now
That You would have reached down
And wiped our tears away
Stepped in and saved the day
But once again, I say "Amen", and it's still raining

As the thunder rolls
I barely hear Your whisper through the rain
"I'm with you"
And as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God who gives
And takes away

I'll praise You in this storm
And I will lift my hands
For You are who You are
No matter where I am
Every tear I've cried
You hold in Your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm

I remember when
I stumbled in the wind
You heard my cry
You raised me up again
My strength is almost gone
How can I carry on
If I can't find You

As the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain"I'm with you"
And as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God who gives
And takes away

I lift my eyes unto the hills
Where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord
The Maker of Heaven and Earth


It's times like these that our family clings onto our fmaily scripture as well. We remember that no matter how frustraiting the now looks, it is all for his purpose and to lead us to towards the calling He has set before us. No one ever said a calling was a "free gift" Sometimes you have to prove yourself worth to carry out the calling by enduring the hardships and staying the course.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back from captivity. I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile."
Jeremiah 29: 11-13


Ok....I so did not mean for that to be a sermon! LOL! I guess that's what you blog readers should expect by now! It's all about a little scripture of encouragement amoungst the Emma stories, hair bows, scrapbooking, and cute kid pics! This is a well rounded picture of who I am and what matters most in my life. Isn't that what blogs are supposed to be about??

Today was probably the last evening we'll see Nathan home for a while so we decided to have a family night. We went out to Fazoli's (after driving 1/2 way to Columbus to get Nathan) and then had a family movie night. We all got in PJ's and layed on sleeping bags to watch a Veggie Tales movie in the dark. The girls love movie night and I think it was a stress reliever for all of us.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Prayers for you and your sweet family, Mandi! Oh, and I have a new blog if you want to check it out! ; )

4ddintx said...

Prayers from us to you! I know that God is doing some neat things in our family as a whole right now. I can't wait to see how He moves for you and Nathan. The song lyrics are a great reminder! Love, Tabitha

Aliya'sMommy said...

I love that song and it is perfect for what you are going through. My dad did some research on Aliya and found that is also the honor of reading the blessings of the Torah. My translation: the honor of preaching the gospel!!! So its amazing. I love you!!! Let me know what goes on with Nathan today at Wally-World

Anonymous said...

Hey Mandi! We should exchange phone #'s, if you don't have verizon we could still talk on weekends ;) I had that same verse posted on my blog this week to! And boy some days it feels like we're getting hit on all sides too!
I think I might want some bows for the girls for christmas, I thought I might like to make some but then I realized that as much as I want to do everything I sometimes don't have time to do my hair much less get any fun crafts done! I'll email you my cell #