Sunday, November 12, 2006

Altered Clear Paint Cans

I found these adorable clear cans at my local scrapbook store the other day. They are made by www.stampendous.com. I thought to myself that they would be perfect for making the girls' cute sayings cans.

By that I mean.....People are always telling me that I will soon forget all of those cute little saying that the girls come up with, such as.......Maddelyn wanting to name her baby sister Aquafina after the bottled water company!!! So, Each time they say something cute like that, I just jot it down on a little piece of paper and throw it in a can. When I saw these little clear cans, I knew they were perfect! The bottom picture is of an un-altered can.



Maddelyn called tonight and she is having a blast in MI with her grandparents. They did quite a bit of window shopping today but plan on going back to actually buy things after the crowds died down a bit. She was also thrilled to have gone swimming at the hotel. Emma keeps asking where Maddelyn is. Cute little thing is always so worried for others!

Nathan spoke in church today to honor our veterans. He gave a speech quite similar to yesterday's, but he also showed a video and had each branch of service stand to be recognized. Everyone said how much they enjoyed it and once again people asked for copies of the speech he wrote!!

Well, I need to get busy working on these invitations. I really need to have them out the door by tomorrow. Oh....please say a prayer. Nathan's great-grandma was taken into the ER today with congestive heart failure. They gave her lasix and she seems to be doing much better now, but was kept overnight for observations.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

the cans are so cool and what a great idea!! Your family will be in my prayers for his great grandmother.

Penny said...

What a cute idea!

The funny thing, though...I'm sure there IS a child out there somewhere named Aquafina!

Lynn said...

I just love those cute little cans. I hope I can find them here on Long Island. You did an awesome job altering it what a cute idea.

I will keep your family in my prayers.