Monday, November 6, 2006

Did you do YOUR civic Responsibilty????

Well, it is that time again.....ELECTION DAY!!!! So, have you done your civic responsibility yet and gone to the polls? I know that after weeks of dog-eat-dog political commericials, you're probably sick of politics, but don't let that keep you from casting your vote! As I heard someone this weekend say...you can't complain if you don't VOTE!

Besides that, I see it in a different manner. I see it as my responsiblity as a Christian Conservitive to cast my vote. Many people say that there is a seperation between church and state...(which is a twisted phrase to be discussed another day)...but I say they ARE connected as far as my vote! How can I say that what is being considered on the ballot, including the issues that my elected officials will be voting on, does not concern my church or faith? The issues facing our polititions today are not just on taxes, homeland security, and the national debt. Most of the issues they face are social issues such as abortion, same sex marriage, and stem cell research that DO directly affect the church! The way my elected officials vote on these very important issues directly affects the world that my daughters will grow up in. So the sum up of all of this is; going to the polls is not just to elect some person to office to keep the government running...it is to PRESERVE OUR HERITAGE for our children and grandchildren!!!! Enough soap box!

Nathan and I will proudly go to the polls to cast our votes. The last time we visited there, we were casting ballots with Nathan's name on the list for US Congress. He did indeed not win the primary last May, but we PROUDLY go and cast our vote for the winner of that Republican Primary seat Jim Jordan. Yes, he was an opponent, but now that the primaries are over we are on the same team. We have moved on to the general election and seeing to it that our conservative valued candidates get all the support they need to win!

Nathan and I spent a couple of hours last night trying to help out with the final pre-election push. We (menaing mostly Nathan) went door-to-door passing out voting information. Ok...I sat in the car witht he girls while Nathan ran the literature up to the door of each house. I was just there for moral support and to run him from street to street. :D But hey, how much can a pregnant wife do on bedrest???

So have a great election day and remember.....

VOTE EARLY AND VOTE OFTEN! :D

No comments: