Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Good News!

Well, The midwife gave us some good news yesterday....the baby is holding off a little longer! She has dropped, but is not totally engaged in my pelvis, so as long as the I do not have regular contractions...more than I do now...we are ok. She has put me on total bedrest now though, but to me that is much better than being on bedrest in the hospital or having an early baby. As of today I am 32 weeks and baby is doing well! She tried her best to hide form the midwife, but we did eventually find her stong heartbeat yesterday! I also got some relieving news that if something were to go wrong with an early baby, the hospital thatI am going to be delivering at could handle it! That makes me so relieved! They are a step 2 nursery which is 1/2 way between a NICU and a regular nusery. They said as long as the baby comes after 32 weeks they can handle most things there. With Emma she had to be lifeflighted to a NICU and I had to stay at the one hospital while she was in another. On top of that I really did not get a full recovery after her birth because I was dicharged only 14 hours after I had her and then went right into taking care of her. So, knowing that she will stay with me even if there are problems is a relief! So I really am on bedrest now...for those of you who didn't think I was doing much resting before! With the baby so low, there is just too much pain/pressure for me to do much more than get up to go to the bathroom. I think the girls know this becuase they both have been pistols for Daddy and I the past two days!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mandi. I'm friends with Nathan's Aunt Tabitha in El Paso. I prayed over you & Emma when she was a newborn (I, too, had a preemie in the NICU) and I'm praying for you and this new baby now. Keep yourself in bed...I know it's hard, but it's worth it in the long run. I'm praying you can get to at least 37 weeks. :0) God bless you, Karla Herbert
karlaroo@yahoo.com