Saturday, November 25, 2006

Turkey Day...Come and Gone

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! I know we did! I spent Wednesday evening and all day Thursday at my parent's house helping get ready for the big meal. My mom hosted and had both her's and my dad's families there. I believe there were 20 of us at the meal? After the delicious meal, we just sat around, talked, and played a board game. Pitting the men against the women on a board game of Battle of the Sexes is always fun! After that we sat around pouring over the Black Friday ads. Nathan, the kids, and I all had to stay at my parents' that night because the fog here was way to bad to drive the hour home in! Yes, that puls the 60 degree weather the past couple of days has made it a wierd end of November!

My mom and I got up at 3:30am to do our annual mother-daughter Black Friday Shopping. We had a blast and got a ton of deals! I LOVE that Walmart does comparrison ads that day as well! It saved us a lot of running around! I really glad as well that Walmart decided to halt their non-family agenda....by suggestion of AFA! It sure would have been a hard thing to have to stay clear of Wally-World that day! :D Thanks Walmart for choosing pro-family!!!!

I have a very special announcement to make.....well, I'm already pregnant so no need to worry there! HaHa! I GOT MY NIKON D50 Digital Camera yesterday!!!!!!!! Woo-hoo!!!! For those of you not familiar with photography it is like a dream come true! I already had the 35 mm film Nikon N75, but I wanted to go digital. I wanted the ease of only printing out the good photos, but with the same quality shots that my N75 gave me. When you have toddlers that move so fast, you end up taking 10 of the same pose to try and get 1 good picture. So basically you end up wasting a lot of film and developed pictures of not so perfect shots. I have not had the time to fool with it yet, but I am so excited to be the proud owner of a D50!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YIPPEEEEEE FOR YOU!! I have the D70 and I would give up my dh before I would give up my Nikon! LOL!!!!!!!