Saturday, November 11, 2006

Veteran's Day



Well, our parade was cancelled today due to rain. Maddelyn was so dissapointed too! We had read a book on parades last night and she was eager to see her daddy in one today. they did however still have the ceremony afterwards. Nathan did a wonderful job on his speach. Many people said how moving it was and actually requested a copy of the speech! My little hero! The pictures are a bit blurry, but it was hard to get good shots behind all of those veteran's heads! :D

Afterwards we had dinner with Nathan's mom and Grandma at O'Charley's. YUM! I then spent a couple of hours shopping. You would not believe what sales the store have going on right now! Target had 50% off and Old Navy had an additional 50% off thier clearance! I was able to find quite a few Christmas gifts for the girls and my neices today as well as some new maternity clothes for me.

My parents came over tonight to eat dinner with us and they asked Maddelyn to go to MI with them! I was surprised! I thought this was a couple's get-away weekend but I guess not? They go every November to MI to Frankenmuth to Bronner's HUGE Christmas store and to Cabela's sproting store as well. Maddelyn will have a blast wpending the night up there as well. Sometimes it is nice to have one-on-one time with her grandparents. When you are one of 5, soon to be 6, sometimes it's hard to find that special time. So we will have just one child until Monday night.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kudos to your dh for a wonderful speech. Sounds like you had a full day.

Anonymous said...

Thats wonderful about his speech. Especially when it touches so many people.

Aimeslee Winans said...

How admirable that your DH did that!