Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Happy Easter ( a couple of days late!)

I know it's a couple days late but better late than never! HAPPY EASTER!!! So we had a great but busy day that day. Holiday Sundays are always busy, busy trying to get out the door for church. The girls had special cinnimon rolls for breakfast so we were too rushed to do baskets before church. After we came home from church we let the girls find where the bunny had hid thier loot. Caroline LOVE the basket...not the goodies...just the basket! She put a death grip on the handle and was not letting go. We wanted to take them outside for a few pictures after the baskets had been opened up. Well, the only way we got Caroline outside without tears was Natan picked up her, backset, and all and toted her out the door just like that. She's really into purses and such right now so the basket was just up her lane.

Saturday night after the party we came home to dye eggs. Well I knew that dye + Emma ='s trouble se we bought the kit that you can just use stencils on the eggs and decorate them with markers. Pretty Emma proof right? Well Maddelyn made these cute stencil designs on the eggs and Emma "dyed" her egg with marker. There could not have been any more blue on that one egg if it had been dyed? Needless to say both hands were stained blue as well. Oh well...we tried! Also the kids had to decorate their eggs on the floor of the kitchen because they would set one on the table after it was finished and then we would here.....roll...roll....crack as they fell on the floor. After about 3 casualties we decided to do them on the floor and not table.

After opening the baskets we got our stuff together and headed to my Aunt and Uncle's house in Willard. All my Mom's family got together for a cook-out...yes cook-OUT! My lovely uncle stood outside and grilled burgers, brats, and hot dogs for us. Maybe it's silly to you, but for us here in Ohio food outside on the grill is a wonderful sign that Winter will eventually end for us! Remember we had snow this past Friday night! After dinner some of the adults played Wii and the kids had our annual Easter Egg Hunt. Like many years before...we had to do it indoors. This is another normal for Easters in Ohio.
















I will leave you with an amazing video that my friend Elaine had sent me this past weekend. I think this is one of the most powerful teen dramas I have ever seen a church do? Take a look it's worth the like 5 mintues! http://foresthill.lightcastmedia.com/console.php?u=3037&c=1559635575

On another note....remember how we've had trouble with people helping themselves to our belongings such as our pumpkins, snow shovel, trash cans, DVD player in the van, basically anything not bolted to the outside of our home and of course......being robbed while we were upstairs in bed??? Well you think, can anything else happen? HINT: never ask that question! Well the neighbor across the street had someone break in to their house while they were in bed Sunday night! The neighbor's bedroom is even on the first floor and everything and that didn't stop the robber! The person cut out 2 screens out trying to find a window unlocked and when they did they came in and helped themselves to the neighbor's wallet! Needless to say Nathan's first words were I'm buying a gun! My first words were "reason # 546 that we need to pray for this job that Nathan interviewed for last week!" We honestly don't live in a bad neighborhood. We live behind the hospital in a VERY quiet area. This all is just so frustrating!

2 comments:

Aliya'sMommy said...

I love the drama! I saw it last year at Teen Talent. Last year I was able to go to Teen Talent and all I did was watch dramas for about six hours it was AMAZING! Love the dresses, hats, and coats.

Joyful Mom ~ Karla said...

I was going to suggest Nathan get a shotgun, but that was BEFORE I got to the part where your neighbors were robbed and AFTER I saw how gorgeous Maddelyn is getting. Once she hits high school, the boys are going to be knocking on your door in droves! LOL

And I love the fact that Caroline is going to be a girly-girl. I remember when Lauren first started wanting to carry a purse with her everywhere. I think she was about 15 months old. :0)

Hugs to your family,
Karla