Saturday, March 1, 2008

Late 20's!

Well that's it. Nathan so kindly help to remind me last night that today I am now in my "late 20's" instead of early 20's uhhh! I told him now I am officially old enough for my mini van! I always said that age wouldn't bother me it was just when he said "late 20's" it hit me that that is almost 30! Ok....for those of you who saw 30 maaaaany moons ago you're laughing right now. But when you're 16, 30 seems so far off. Well, I'm almost there now! Okay...keep laughing but I know you felt the same way once too. We officially don't fit in with the young college kids anymore, not that we ever really did with 3 small children. I guess I always saw it as we fit in with the 30-something crowd because we were in the same stage of life as them with all these small children. We didn't really fit with people our age because they were all unmarried and without kids. Even though we fit in with the 30-somethings I was always "younger" well not anymore. Like I said...I am now old enough for my mini van.

Since we are talking birthdays....here are the 1st birthday pictures we got of Caroline this week at Picture People. I know it's a month late, but with being the 3rd child she'd lucky she got them before her 2nd birthday! This is my favorite one because they used the retro antique finish on it to make it look old with the faded out colors. My scanner does not scan perfect colors so these are all much better in real life.




Every time I see this picture it makes me laugh out loud! That's the new face Caroline has been making where she snarls her nose up and laughs. Too cute!

So here is a comparisson of the 3 princesses on thier first birthdays. We always buy them a Strasburg Children's Dress and have their pictures at Picture People with that same antique wooden chair. Of course I couldn't fine Emma's wooden chair picture when I scanned these in last night. Nathan and I think Caroline and Maddelyn look similar in that they have the same shape face and eyes, except Maddelyn s like 10 pounds heavier than Caroline. What a peanut! Did I tell you she STILL has not broke 20 pounds at 13 months!
Emma Grace
Maddelyn

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just want to say that I never ever said late twenties...that was purely contrived by you...anyways...I love you and have a happy Birthday!