Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Tales of a Mommy to Preschoolers

You know you're a stay at home mommy to 3 under 5 when..........

* You change your 13 month old's diaper and find not one...but two buttons in it! Well, I was thinking I know she found a button in my scrapbook room today but I got that out of her hand? Hmmm? Did she find another one and it slide into her diaper? Oh no! I did dump a container of buttons on the floor yesterday and the girls helped me pick them up. I guess she "helped" pick them up and ATE two of them! Oh my goodness if I had only known we would have been in the ER! What mommy doesn't know won't kill her I guess? You know it took 3 kids for me have one pass someting into her diaper that she swallowed. I would have put money on Emma being the first one to eat something? Maybe she has and it just never showed up in her diaper! HaHa!!!

* You feel like you need to take your 3 year old to the front of the church for prayer because she STOLE a bible from the church! Uhhh! Emma! So if your going steal something...one don't steal the bible and two don't do it in church!!!! Yeah, our pastor got a good laugh out of that one! She came up to me carrying this tiny pink Bible and was trying to convince me it was hers. She even screamed when I took it away!

* I got this email from my aunt and it made me smile. All of you who have small children will get a kick out of this and relate to it! It's defineitley worth the read and I'm sure you'll pass it on to all your other mommy friends! It's saluting husbands to mommies with small kids for keeping the romance alive despite all the things mommies do. It's a great laugh! http://www.familymanweb.com/article/bedroom-secrets-of-the-suburban-dad

Here is another great laugh I got friend. On a day like today it takes little chuckling moments to get you through, or at least to help you count to 3 BEFORE disciplining your children!

One Sunday morning the pastor noticed little Alex standing in the foyer of the church staring up at a large plaque. It was covered with names with small American flags mounted on either side of it.The seven year old had been staring at the plaque for some time, so the pastor walked up, stood beside the little boy, and said quietly, 'Good morning Alex. ''Good morning 'Pastor, what is this?' he asked the pastor.The pastor said, 'Well, son, it's a memorial plaque to all the young men and women who died in the Service.' Soberly, they just stood together, staring at the large plaque.

Finally, little Alex 's voice, barely audible and trembling with fear, he asked, ''Which service, the 9:30 or the 11:00?"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love the stories, I got a giggle out of it :)