Sunday, February 24, 2008

Our Weekend

Nathan and I had a unplanned...but lovely weekend. We were scheduled to go to Greentree Inn for a leadership retreat with our church. We had trouble finding a sitter for the girls over night but at the last minute Nathan's Sergeant Major and his wife Molly said they would keep the girls. This lovely couple just adore the girls and Maddelyn and Emma were so exited to spend the night at Sergeant Major and Miss Molly's house. Well, because of the weather the retreat was cancelled. That meant Nathan had time off work and we had a sitter with no place to go. We made a last minute decision to stay the night in Columbus. The girls were tickled to find out they still got to go. We got a late start to our evening together part because of just daily life making us run late, part because of traveling to Columbus in an ice storm, and part to the fact that I got a flat tire on the way to Molly's. So...after we dropped the girls off and headed to Walmart to drop of my van, we didn't get to a restaurant until after 7:00. After wards we did a bit of shopping. I picked up this adorable coral Easter dress at Forever 21 for $11.50 regular price...yeah great deal! Nathan spent his birthday money and that is all everyone around him has heard the past 2 days. He purchased a shirt and tie at Brooks Brothers and is I believe still smiling about it! Needless to say he loves it and has told EVERYONE about his purchase and how his high style shirt is iron free because it is made to release the wrinkles when your body heat warms up the shirt. I told him I never want to hear anything about my Gymboree habit again! I told him that I don't think there is anything over $50.00 in Gymboree and after seeing the price tags at Brooks Brothers.....he can't say a thing!


I also was relieved to get my largest korker bow order to date out the door. This is what I worked on all week. Sorry for the bad picture but I was in a hurry to get it. The bows will be done up in 4 strips...brights, pastels, Christmas, and Halloween. These are for the Fall/Winter catalog that my wholesale distributer will be releasing in mid-March for her boutique retailers.

I am so happy to announce that Miss Caroline had her first hair bow in her hair without the need of a headband! YEAH! Of course it was clipped on to about 5 hairs that were wrapped in a tiny rubber band and then the clip was clipped on to it. The bow was too cute and it actually stayed in all during church this morning eventhough it wiggled as she walks. I told Nathan that I was determined to get a bow in her hair for her 1st birthday pictures this week. We received a picture of my friend's baby Emma-Lee in the mail this week and with her being only 6 weeks older than Caroline...she had one of my toddler korker bows in her hair! I said that's sad. I make the bows and my own child is too bald to wear them at 13 months! So Miss Alicia.......(or Joye because Alicia always gets the scoop on my blog from you) Caroline can officially wear the hair bows now too, even if Mommy has to cheat a bit to get them in her hair! LOL!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know it runs in the family to not have hair at that age. I mean I didn't get hair until I was two and now look at me! lol You need to put some picture of miss Caroline with the bow in her hair pleeeease! I will probably be at church on Sunday so I shall see you then.

Love you,
Kaytie

Unknown said...

HA! I will be sure to pass the word to Alicia...where is the proof of this claim? I don't see a picture of Caroline with a bow in her hair. (Okay, so Alicia is really writing this with me..)!!! We love you! J & A