Saturday, February 2, 2008

Reasons I Love Him....

I have decided that since it is not only the month of LOVE and Valentine's Day, but it also happens that I married a Feb 13th baby..... I am going to start a new challenge for the month of February. Each day of the month I am going to list one reason that I love my husband! Not only is this a way for me to express my love for my sweetheart, but it also hopefully will encourage all of my bloggin' friends to take a few minutes to write a note of love and respect to their spouse.

While I am thinking of it, I 100% recomend the book LOVE and RESPECT by Dr. Emerson Eggerichs. http://www.loveandrespect.com/ This book seriously changed our marriage! After just reading the first chapter you sit back and say "WOW! So that is where he's/she's coming from!" Not I am not saying that our marriage is perfect (we actually could use a re-read on it) but after doing a couples Bible Study on this book, it sure changed the way we view eachother. The book is biblically based on how the man is to LOVE is wife and the wife is to RESPECT her husband.

Ephesians 5:33. "Husbands must love their wives, and wives must respect their husbands."

I bet that's a new concept huh? If you're anything like me you are saying what really is respecting your husband? I had no clue that men need to feel respected by their wives like women need to feel loved by their husbands. If you are looking for your next read or just think it's about time to actually figure out who that person really is sleeping on the pillow next to you, then I greatly suggest LOVE and RESPECT by Dr. Emerson Eggerichs.


So...here is Day 1

1. I love my husband because....he remembers the exact shade of coral/pink roses that he bought when he gave me my first roses 6 years ago. Needless to say he brought that same shade of roses home to me today with a card stating that he got the same color as my first roses! Yes girls...he's mine!

No comments: