Saturday, February 2, 2008

Back at it!

I've been a busy little bee at my scrapbooking desk today! Oh how I love the fun things I got in my twelvefridays kit! Ooooo La La! Such adorable papers and fun embellishments. http://www.twelvefridays.com I never realized how much I love kits before. It's nice for busy mom's like me because you don't have to waste the first hour of your precious mommy time trying to dig out papers, matching embellishements, alphabets, ect. Nope, today I just opened my twelvefridays kit, grabbed some photos that corrodinated and started scrap'n! It was so nice. Now that doesn't say that it was a quick scrapbooking afternoon (6 hours later) but I did get to start right away and didn't have to dig through drawers and containers full of items trying to find just the right shade of buttons or whatever. I can't wait to show you all my creations but since they are design team work I will have to wait until after they are posted on the site.

I also realized today how wonderful it feels to scrapbook after it's been a long time. I had done a few quick layouts before Caroline's party, but today I just got to sit and create. It was wonderful! Not that I am endorsing drugs or rehab...but I kinda know now why people who have gone through months of detox and rehab slip back in to their bad habits! LOL! I was clean from scrap'n for months now and after just one afternoon with my scrapbooking addiction I am back in it full swing! Oh how much I missed you smell of new scrapbooking paper when you first come out of the pack! There is nothing like being able to have total control over your 12x12 page....no sticky fingers covered in peanutbutter, no whining about one side of the page thinking it's not fair that the other side of the page has more embellishments, no complaining that the buttons are board or that the ribbons need more juice in their cup! Oh how I love this hobby....or maybe it's the mommy only time?

DAY 2:
I love and respect my hubby because:
After being at the Guard all day he walks in, sees me knee high in scrapbooking papers, buttons, and adhesives and just takes over for me with the kids. He got them dinner, dressed for bed, and tucked in without even skipping a beat...and the best part was he did it without me even hinting. Thanks sweetheart!

No comments: