Wednesday, February 6, 2008

From Our Nation's Capital......

So we obviously made it to D.C. todayfor CPAC (Conservitive Political Action Confrence). The trip seemed to last forever...but I did get to do a little shopping while Nathan was still at work this morning. For all of you fellow shoppers...The Children's Place has an additional 50% off their clearance and Old Navy has lots of new lines in their clearance! They have some really cute Spring clothes at 50% off! Happy Shopping!

We've only been here a few hours and Nathan is alreay in Heaven! For my friends who knew I was debating about getting a confrence ticket I have a funny.....GOD STORY...for you! So I couldn't decide if I wanted a pass to the speaches/book signings/confrence floor or not. The tickets are $125.00 just to get into the door and I wanted to hear some of the speeches but I'm not Nathan so I don't know about 2/3 of the people who were to be speaking. So I was kinda debating about it and then he said it's my birthday present so I can get the pass or the $$$ instead to go shopping with while I am here...well yeah! Easy choice. Then we found out that President George W. Bush will be here this weekend! Okay....change of plans again but I hate espending that much $$ and not wanting to attend all that stuff. I felt like I was waisting it. Anyways we are checking it tonight and we had left straight from the Guard so Nathan still was in his uniform. They told him they would comp his ticket because he was active duty military! He told them he had already paid so they said they could do my ticket instead! Funny how God works! I still got to go and for free! LOL!

Nathan is still out and about rubbing elbows and exchaning buisness cards. I was not feeling too hot so I decided to come back to the room and just chill in my PJ's. It's nice to have an evening where I don't have to do anything! No laundry to change, no fights to break up, no bows to be made or mailed out! Ahhhhhh. I could get used to this!

So I found out that I am able to post the projects I made with my twelvefriday's design team kit! YEAH! Wait until you all see how cute this stuff is! I had so much fun palying and there was TONS and TONS in this kit as well! I made 3 layouts, a mini album, and a card and still have enough to do at least that much again! Let's just say these girls spoil you with the kits you get from them! Another great thing abot their kits is that they are done with exclusive papers, meaning the only way you are ever going to get you hands on this paper is if you join the kit! They do not sell their twelvefriday's papers wholesale to retailers, just to kit club members like you!! Also, they have several great paper designers working with them so no 2 months papers will be the same. It's not like some company's....uhum....B*sic Gr*y....uhum...not mentioning any names! LOL! I love those different companies, but when you see the new lines come out in the stores or at the shows....it all looks the same, just different colors and a tad bit different pattern or floral design. You'll have to keep an eye on the twelvefriday's future kits to see how different they are. http://twelvefridays.com So here is the fun I had with my design team kit!

You'll have to wait until "I LOVE YOU" Day to see the card and mini calbum since they are for my sweetie!

Alright, I need to head off of here and get to bed! Another busy day with an early alarm! We have to be in line to at 8:00am to go through security to hear Vice President Dick Chenney. Man this place is awesome! I will take pictues through out the weekend and will try to uplad them for you...if I brought the cord to my camera???? We'll have to see when I finish unpacking.

2 comments:

rachel said...

Mandi,
Its Rachel from TN...I would be so honored when you are First Lady to be able to visit you and Mr. President and the White House...Do you think that will be possible...I had no idea how on track you guys were this is awesome...I can't believe the girl who anally cleaned the cabinet and organized it in our classroom is still so anal...lol

rachel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.