Friday, March 14, 2008

Quick Update

Hey Guys! I know several of you were waiting to hear about Nathan's interview today. Oh...I guess I should have let you all know that we are in DC for a few days. Nathan had an interview today (yes we'd be staying in Ohio) and the girls and I rode along. Anyways the interview went very well but he won't hear anything final for a week or so. I just wanted to let everyone know that we don't know yet! LOL! Thanks so much for all your prayers guys!

So we head home tomorrow after spending the day in DC with the girls. We are going to visit some museums and monuments as well as the National Archives. Emma is clueless about it all but when you bring it down to Maddelyn's level, she really seems to get it. Tonight I was trying to explain to her about Arlington National Cemetery and the reason/honor/qualifications associated with and ended up speaking on the reasons to thanks vet. She walked away seeming to get it! Woo-hoo! Homeschooling on the road! Well I need to head off to off of here. It's another full day tomorrow.

2 comments:

4ddintx said...

I once read that when you homeschool there is no such thing as a vacation, it's all a field trip! I also like to think of it as "car schooling"!

We can't wait to hear more about the job situation. Call me when you get back home and we can chat about the other stuff more in depth.

Tab

Unknown said...

Now you know how Alicia and Jared's life was all those years- it is all about teaching and learning.Ofcourse I would not have had it any other way- very rewarding. By the way, my Uncle Jay Cheshire a Navy Chief is buried in Arlington- He had the horse drawn procession, I was told it was extremely moving to say the least.
Love, Memaw Joye