Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Happy Birthday Emma Grace!

So my peanut turned 3 today! Now if you ask her how old she is, she'll say "TWO!" It seems like it took us all year to teach her how to say two and hold up those 2 fingers and now we have to start all over again. Last night Maddelyn helped me decorate the house in balloons and streamers and wrapped the present she bought. Maddelyn cleaned out her piggy bank yesterday and made a trip to the toy aisle of Walmart. After at least 4 trips down each aisle, she finally decided on a tiny doll and accessories for her sister. Even though I made sure she understood the doll was for Emma and not her, there still were quite a few fights over the new toy tonight.

Today my mom came over to help us celebrate the day since Nathan is still at camp with the guard. I asked my mom to bring balloons by for Emma today, from her daddy. She placed them by the front door and then knocked on it and ran to the side door. Emma then answered the door and found her gift that daddy sent. It's funny how military families improvise. We figured up the other day that so far our girls have had 7 birthdays and Nathan has only been to 3 of those 7! Yep...military life.

So we took Emma to Chuckie Cheese to spend the birthday tokens that she had and then out to eat at O'charley's. We had her open a few of her presents (since we wanted daddy to see her open the rest) and blow out candles on cupcakes. So here are a *few* of the pictures we took!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy 3rd Birthday Emma! I'll never forget when you were born, and your Great Aunt Tabitha called me saying, "Please pray for this baby girl. She's in NICU!" And look at you NOW! What a beautiful big girl, not to mention a precious miracle from God, you are! May God's hand be upon you all the days of your life.

Blessings,
Karla in El Paso

Carla Martin said...

Happy Birthday to my little granddaughter!!! It's hard to believe you are 3 already!!! WOW! You are so big!!
See you soon
NANA

Anonymous said...

awe so cute!! Happy Birthday Emma! I just know that if we got Emma and Danielle together they would be creating mischief in the first minute! And our two oldest would be standing their with their hands on their hips bossing them around!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Precious!!! I wish my Emma and I could have been there too!