Monday, October 8, 2007

One Day to Go!

So this is Emma Grace's last day being 2! So we took pictures today for Emma's birthday invitations. When I had Caroline's birth announcements on ebay the lady asked if she could use Caroline's photos for her sample in return for another set of cars whenever I needed them. Well I tried my best last week to figure out photoshop on my own (see post below) and after that didn't work out I decided to take the lady up on her offer. So I did a mini photo shoot with Emma outside in her costume from last year. I just love that first picture of her! With those care feet and her giggling, she really does look like a pixie!





We also came to the moment I've been dreading for the past 3 years....I took the silkies away! Anyone who knows Emma knows about her love for silk of any kind. Since she was tiny she's always been a thunb sucker, but she'll only do it while rubbing something silky between her fingers. It can be anything: blanket, her hairbow in her hair, the linning to a coat, the tag on a stuffed animals, like I said anything. When the girls arrived at the hospital to meet Caroline we had the three girls' first photo and there sits Emma sucking her thumb with her brand new sister's headband! So today was day 1 with no silky. It wasn't that bad...yet. She did ask for it with tears at nap adn bedtime but I just reaffirmed that she's almost three and that means she'll be a big girl with no thumb. We;ll see how long she takes this easily?

No comments: