Tuesday, October 30, 2007

What Have I Been Up To?

We took the girls Trick-or-Treating in Willard tonight. The girls ahd a blast with their cousins getting candy. I really debated letting them go this year. I don't mind them getting candy at the campground because being mid-October we can seperate that our from Halloween as a "camping activity." I'm not so sure about regugular Trick-or-Treating though. Nathan and I oppose all that Halloween stands for and the heritage it comes from. We don't think Trick-or-Treating itself is wrong but how do you explaine to a 4 year old that you can get candy tonight but we don't celebrate Halloween? It's hard though when I grew up doing it and all of their little friends do as well. I guess this is just one of those things that is hard for those who are not spiritually mature to recognize the difference. So next year we might be staying home instead, but it's a year away so there is plenty of time to think about it. Here is another cute pic of my Bo Peep and her sheep!

I'm VERY cautious about introducing new foods to Caroline and about her only having healthy foods, especially with her dairy allergy. I'm not quite organic with my kids (yet) but I really limit sugar and such. Well I kinda had a weak spot to night and let Caroline taste a sucker from the Trick-or-Treat candy. I figured one lick can't kill her. Well, she clinched her teeth down and would not let go! I eventually got it out of her mouth but had to throw it away because she was chomping on it and getting big pieces off!

So the past three days of spinning ribbon has lead to this! I listed my first auctions on ebay tonight...see link to the right -------->

This is one set that I listed. It is a Made to Match Gymboree set that goes with their Imaginary Friends Line.

I also completed and listed this "Give Thanks" album this week. There are tons of journaling cards in it to journal about being thankful for you family, friends, home, and faith. This album was made out of coin (mini manilla) envelopes. You can check out the "My ebay auctions" link to the right for that one as well.

So as you can see I've been kinda busy around here this week. That's probably why my laundry is a tad bit behind??? Hmmm? I just figured I'd get some of this stuff on ebay while hubby was gone each evening working. I''l be listing more as I finish them.

No comments: